GÉANT’s partnership with the National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) is at the heart of everything it does.
Being a public sector body funded by the EU commission and supported by its NRENS partners, GÉANT proceeded with an Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) tender process, which was duly awarded to Imtech (Now Axians Networks Ltd).
Upon the successful tender, Axians provided expert project management and professional services which included: high level and low level design, pre-staging of all equipment, testing of all equipment and configurations, shipping and installation services to 18 different locations, as well as acceptance testing and go live services.
- A new network that has been built for performance
- Critical improvements to latency and delays in processing data
- A flexible and committed partnership
- Speed of delivery through dedicated project management
Improved Network Efficiency
- Stronger bandwidth and improved connectivity
- Data flows receive a higher level of performance
- Operational simplicity and flexibility
- Improved and secure end-user experience
- Robust and future proofed network
- Improvements in Pan European R&E
Speed of Delivery
- Rapid development across 34 countries enabled by a consistently designed network
- Migration to new hardware on a live network with no disruption of service
- Risk management analysis and project management expertise
CORE ELEMENTS OF THE SOLUTION
- Hardware router virtualisation options
- Implementation of IPv4 andIPv6 services
- JUNOS operating system across all platforms
Our partnership with Axians Networks spans over 13 years. Our relationship has stood the test of time because of the trust we place in their technical and project management teams and the flexibility, experience and commitment they demonstrate in delivering each and every project.
I commend Axians on the flexibility and commitment they have demonstrated in delivering the GÉANT 2 network.
Chief Network Operating Officer, Geant